The Foie Gras Rossini Burger!!
Yes, to mark their return to the Japanese market, the menu at today’s Wendy’s opening in the Ometsando fashion district of Tokyo had a burger with foie gras on it!
1280 yen, so at today’s exchange rate, that’s about $17.00!
Phone Etiquette in Restaurants
My newest comic, Sarah and the Seed, is finally done!
Thank you for hanging in there for the final chapter. I severely underestimated how long 15 pages would take! Also thank you so much to everyone who shared and reblogged this along the way.
This week’s show is sponsored by:
Mentioned in the show:
- Paul Irish - Chrome dev relations guy at Google.
- “HTML5 is a jewel that we need to cut into a weapon” - Dion /via Yehuda Katz
- Adam is in love with GitHub’s new editor powered by Cloud 9
- HTML5 Boilerplate contains a set of best practices to use as a starting point for new projects or pick what you need a la cart.
- Boilerplate now includes Normalize.css, a customisable CSS file that makes browsers render all elements more consistently and in line with modern standards.
- Normalize is a collaboration between Nicolas Gallagher and Jonathan Neal
- rack-modernizr from Marshall Yount brings Modernizr to the server
- Paul coined the term FOUT - Flash Of Unstyled Text.
- HTML5 polyfills implant html5 functionality in browsers that don’t natively support them.
- Paul makes micro microapps for CSS3, text shadows, and HSL picking.
- Paul is a fan of Chris Coyer of CSS Tricks
- Need an idea for a weekend project, check out Paul’s Lazy Web Requests
This is our fullest, most detailed, enlightening interview to date. Peter Oneppo, the man with many hats at PoundWire, gave us the ultimate inside view of PoundWire. Once you start reading, you’re hooked, and we hope you really enjoy learning about a service that will effectively compliment or rival Quora and Twitter. You decide for now.